Sunday, January 27, 2013

Instagram Weekend.



Firstly: People recently told me that I look so tanned. Until I saw this picture I did not believe them. Considering the fact that it's January, that I did not change my make-up and that I spend my days at the office I seriously ask myself: Can you get a tan from LED tubes?

Secondly: The first time I stumbled upon the new packaging of Yves Saint Laurent....sorry, Saint Laurent Paris. Does someone agree that it putting "Paris" under a name and black packaging doesn't automatically make something chic? Luckily, as far as I can see, I'm not the only one who agrees on the fact that it just looks like someone's trying way to hard to change something that was so good before. But hey, at least now, we'll get a black box.

And on this note: I hope that you all had a good weekend!

  

6 comments:

  1. I love the change of the name! Love the fact that the new name was in fact the old name. Like going back to the basics of the brand!


    xoxo

    Julia from aboyeur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, first of all, their logo, the YSL was an iconic logo, created by a great graphic designer (dont remember his name, sorry), imagine a brand like Chanel changing their name to anything: Coco Paris. Why oh why? You wouldnt be able to use the CC anymore. Now its become an generic what stands for chic logo, a sans-serif typeface, all caps, the word Paris underneath. Yes its clean, its now, it looks good, theres design-wise, typographic wise nothing wrong with it, but they threw away their own history in favour of looking like many others...i dont get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you and Vanessa. Also you look beautiful tan or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for letting me know your opinion! Personally I understand that going back to the basics is good, but I still wish YSL would be the brands name....it was after all a signature, in my opinion! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I don´t like the change; YSL sounded and looked so much better than Saint Laurent. But what bothers me the most is the word "Paris" under the name because it just wasn´t necessary. Like you said, it makes it look like they are trying too hard.

    ReplyDelete